If you are planning to trek to Everest Base Camp but confused about the best time for the trekking. This article provides you the information about the best time for the trekking. Everest trekking is best in two main season, spring and autumn season. You can trek even in winter and rainy season also but for the best view and easy walking route, March to May and September to December is the best time for trekking in Everest region.
Spring Season (March to May)
Spring season is considered as one of the best trekking seasons in the Himalaya, spring brings not only with it the sun and warmer temperatures, but fields of blossoming wild flora such as the famous giant rhododendrons, giving the landscape a radiant and vibrant texture.
Why Spring is Best Time for Trekking
- Warm temperate above 15 degree to 25 degree Celsius
- Pleasant, warm trekking conditions in the day, and warmer nights.
- Clear walking route after the snow melt
- Clear skies early in spring means less chance of flight cancellations to Lukla
- Best time for Everest expedition
- Beautiful landscape with colorful hills
From late May to mid September rain and cloud make the weather frequently changeable. With the monsoon comes high temperatures, considerable rain and uncomfortable conditions. Mountainous regions are usually enveloped in clouds, and the lower routes are generally muddy with large numbers of leaches. So for the comfortable walking to Everest, after the rainy season, autumn season gives best opportunity for mountain views and greenery hills.
Why Autumn is best season for trekking in Everest
- Colorful landscape by flowers and greenery
- Pleasant day time and warm nights
- Clear sky for flight to Lukla
- Festival time for experience Nepalese